Sun. June 26 – Sun. July 3
For the past 4 summers our group had had a phenomenal experience working with a ministry called Impacto. God has provided and movedin tangible ways; so we’re returning again in 2016!
We will be taking a team to the Lake Atitlan region of Guatemala from June 26th to July 3rd. Impacto is a ministry that works throughout Central and South America. Guatemala is one of the poorest countries in Central America and provides a great opportunity to serve. Impacto’s mission is: “To bring salvation, hope, healing, and peace of Christ to the Spanish-speaking world.”
Our group will be working with Impacto in numerous ways: constructing homes for widows’ families, doing Vacation Bible Schools, feeding programs, as well as many other services provided for the poor and lost of Guatemala.
If you’re interested in details of the trip, feel free to call the STS Office at (404) 591-2470.
You can pick up the application in the STS Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy via email.
Cost: we are still determining the final cost, please check back for updates!
This trip is currently open to 9th-12th grade students (2015-2016 school year).
Join us for an afternoon of fun at Slingshot Entertainment! They have “the Largest Indoor Ninja Obstacle Course In The United States!” Meet us at church at 3:15 and we’ll drive together! this would be a great chance to invite your friends to join us.
Cost: $25/person (includes transportation & pizza dinner)
Save your spot HERE
*go to their website to sign their waiver: slingshotplay.com
Questions? call us! 404-591-2470
Take a walk with us as Walk Thru The Bible Ministries leads us in walking through the Old Testament. Yes, it is possible to learn the unfolding story of the Old Testament in one day! This interactive experience for the whole family, grade 3 and above, will ignite a fresh passion for the Scriptures throughout the church! Steve Keyes, Aaron Keyes’ father, will be the presenter.
Saturday, March 5th, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
$20 per person; $50 max per family (Includes all day seminar and lunch)
Sunday, February 7: 6pm-3rd quarter
All 5th-12th grade families: join us for an awesome night together in STS.
Bring your favorite appetizer & join us for a SuperBowl Party. We’ll watch the game in The Loft. For anyone who does not want to watch the game, we’ll have “Froo Froo” fun setup in The Den (girly movie, nails, etc.).
Parents, if you’re dropping your kids off, please pick up at the end of the 3rd quarter.
We can’t wait to see you!
If you have any questions, please call the STS Office: 404-591-2470
We are so excited: the Apostles Media team did a phenomenal job of capturing the heart and vision of STS.
Enjoy & share this video!
God is Good!
2016 has gotten off to a GREAT start in STS. As we continue in our focus on being INTENTIONAL, we are doing a series on Sunday mornings called “Made New.”
7th-12th graders, join us Sunday mornings, Jan. 24 – Feb. 21, for this special series!
Pancakes 8:45-9:10/Worship 9:15-9:30/Teaching & Groups 9:30-10:20
We love our Wednesday night Bible Studies. This is an ideal time to dive into the Word together. For the next few weeks, 7th-12th grade students will be studying the life and letters of Peter in small groups. These groups will be split by age group and gender (middle school girls, middle school guys, high school girls, high school guys).
Meet us in The Loft for worship at 6:00 pm!
After Worship we split to our group Bible studies:
- 5th & 6th Grade meet in The Den
- 7th-8th Grade Guys meet in room 231
- 7th-8th Grade Girls meet in room 230
- 9th-12th Grade Guys meet in The Loft
- 9th-12th Grade Girls meet in the Prayer Parlor
We’re going to WinterJam2016!
Saturday, February 6
The Georgia Dome
We’re so excited about the opportunity to see 10 awesome bands and hear Tony Nolan speak at the GA Dome! This is an amazing annual tour of some of the top Christian artists in America.
We are renting transportation, so plan to meet us at Apostles at 2:15 pm. We’ll park, get EARLY ENTRANCE at 3:30 and the concerts will start at 5:45 pm.
BANDS: We are Messengers, Stars Go Dim, KB, Tedashii, Trip Lee, Sidewalk Prophets, Newsong, RED, Lauren Daigle, Matthew West, Crowder, and For King & Country.
Cost: $15/person (includes EARLY admission, ticket, & transportation)
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
If you’re still interested in going, please call Jenny in the STS Office to get your name on a waiting list: (404) 591-2470.
Strength to Stand
Winter Conference for 7-12 grade students
Saturday, January 16 – Monday, January 18, 2016
“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the price for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 3:13-14
We’re so excited to be going to Strength to Stand in Sevierville, TN! The theme of this year’s conference is DON’T LOOK BACK. The conference speakers will be Scott Dawson, Rick Burgess, Ed Newton, and David Nasser with worship leaders such as Rush of Fools, JJ Weeks Band, Bethany Barr Phillips, and Bellarive. Sunday night there will be a special session with a TobyMac concert!
(Includes transportation, hotel, etc.)
Saturday, Jan. 16
- Early afternoon – registration in STS (exact time TBD)
- Depart for Tennessee
- Registration and Dinner at hotel
- 6:30 pm – Session 1
Sunday, Jan. 17
- 8:00 am – Session 2
- Lunch, group time, free time
- 6:30 pm – Session 3
Monday, Jan. 18
- Morning – Session 4
- Depart Sevierville – lunch on the road
- Afternoon – arrive at COTA
Every small group is going to have a Christmas party either Sunday, December 6 or 13.
Our table group leaders have organized some awesome parties for our students.
- All 5th & 6th grade groups will have their Christmas parties in their classes Sunday morning, December 6
- 7th & 8th grade girls: meet your leaders at the Marietta Square December 6 at 2pm for ice skating and Christmas fun.
- Bring $12 for the ice skating and personal money for treats.
- Adult Leaders: Virginia Harvin, Christy Grauley, Ruth Little, Mary Madison Jones, Gracie Earnest
- 7th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec 6, 12-2pm, STS Café & Gym
- Bring $5 for pizza lunch
- Bring a gift ($5)
- Adult leaders: Mark Huffman, Charlie Baxter, Joey Witt
- 8th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec. 13, 5:30 pm, Tomana’s home (1144 Ives Court NE, Atlanta, GA 30319)
- Adult Leaders: Merik Tomana, Shawn Smith, Daniel Lavori
- 9th Grade Girls: Sun. Dec 6, 5 pm, Yogurtland, W. Paces Ferry
- Bring a white elephant gift ($5 limit)
- Adult leaders: Miriam Camp, Sara Valencia, Ashley Wille
- 9th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec 13, 6:30 pm. Mullen’s home (1 Qant Quarters Terrace, Marietta, GA 30068)
- Pizza, popcorn, games and a Christmas classic- Elf!
- Adult leaders: Tripp Mullen, Charles Heydt
- 10th Grade Girls: Sun. Dec 6, 12:30 pm, Newton’s home (4605 Brook Hollow Rd, Atlanta, GA 30327)
- Lunch provided
- Bring your Bible & a wrapped ornament for a gift game
- Adult leaders: Dawn Newton, Mary Lyn Huffman, Paige Farley
- 10th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec 13, 5pm, Waffle House & ELF
- Drop Off 5pm @ West Village Waffle House: 4458 Atlanta Rd Smyrna, GA 30080
- Pick Up between 8-9pm at Settembrini’s: 2045 Village Station Xing SE Smyrna, GA 30080
- Adult Leaders: Nathan Settembrini
- 11th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec 13, 12:15-2pm, lunch at Flying Biscuit
- Adult Leaders: Mark Newton, Jonathan Youssef
- 11-12 Grade Girls: Sun. Dec 6, 6pm Tacos & Tequilas
- Bring $ for dinner & a plate of your favorite cookies for a cookie swap!
- Adult Leaders: Andrea Shelton, Ellen Hill, Kristin Waites
- 12th Grade Guys: Sun. Dec 13, 6pm, Houston’s, P’tree St.
- Dress up & bring $ for dinner
- Adult Leaders: Jay Moore, Ryan Garrett